Race Report


On a cold and windy morning, I got up early, packed up all the running gear and took my wife and daughter to watch me running the 26th GP (literally stands for Grand Prix) "Os Ílhavos" on the lovely seaside city with the same name - Ílhavo.
Arrived at the race site, I met my dear friend PC and together we made a 20 minutes warm up followed by some stretches.


Premiere of my new Nikes Bowerman Series with iPod connection (still on my left foot my old Myzuno)



The race itself was a 4 laps circuit passing by some of the narrowest streets of Ílhavo; a part of the circuit was totally unprotected from the wind and the only way to find some shelter was getting right behind of other competitors. So I did and soon into the race, formed a small group with a few fellow runners and we all stood together almost till finish line. On the last lap though I forced the pace harder because I was afraid of not accomplishing one of my major goals for this race: to finish it in less than 40 minutes.


I finished in something like 37:50 despite my friend’s Garmin Forerunner reads 9,85 kms instead of exactly 10k. Anyhow, it’s still a much satisfactory mark considering the weather conditions and the poor dedicated training. Next weekend I will race again a 10k event this time in Estarreja.

Crossing the finish line:















My friend PC crossing the finish line in a brilliant 4th place overall (around 30 min):

















Talking with a fellow triathlete :










































Comments (3)

On January 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Anonymous said...

Put more 30 seconds on your mark to get 38:20 on 10 km´s time. is not for your demotivation. It is only to be strict. Whatever in Estarreja maybe you beat that PB.

 
On January 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM , zé bisnaga said...

Hello
Tás um atleta feito.agr falta é uma maratona no curriculum...O teu irmão vai começar a treinar a valer pra disputar a taça dos manos da corga(quem ganhar leva uma laranja da ti.Adelaide k sao uma delicia)!!

Blogue bem construído.Nota-se que tem uns pilares fortes! Parabens!!!



Ps:Esse "barbum" já se fazia!!pareces o gajo do ultimo samurai!!!


Famel foguete ao poder

 
On February 4, 2009 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous said...

De: Maria Bitaminas

Tu corres de caraças mennnnnnnnnnn