Well folks... It's done!!!

Just gave a step forward on this running madness thing and registered myself in the Oporto Marathon which will take place November 8, 2009.
It will be my debut in the distance and I must confess I'm feeling a little bit nervous and anxious about it as training hasn't been that much in the last weeks.

Still ahead of me two months of hard training which hopefully will be enough to accomplish my goal of a sub 3 hrs finishing time (I know it sounds crazy for a first time in the distance and I'm probably overestimating my shape and pushing myself too much). Maybe I'll set a more realistic goal in mid October upon running this half-marathon which is part of my training program.

We'll see how it goes for me!!! I will be updating.

Comments (2)

On August 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM , Quique said...

Glad you made the leap to the marathon, you'll see as you get that sub 3 hours, you still have time to prepare thoroughly.

You tell us your progress.

greetings
Quique

 
On August 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM , Guy de Maupassant said...


Hi Quique,

Thanks for your supportive kind words!

I'm not so sure about myself accomplishing that sub 3 hrs finishing...

Any useful tips/advices for a newcomer in the marathons? Sure could use a hand.